About this course
Increase your plant stock by using simple propagation. Try out various methods including division, root cuttings, soft and hardwood cuttings, seed collection and treatments.
This course will enable you to propagate your own cuttings at home and increase your plant stocks. During this hands-on, practical day you will be able to try out various methods including herbaceous division, root cuttings, softwood and hardwood cuttings, layering, seed collection and treatments. You will have the opportunity to practise alongside the tutor, and will have the chance to take home the plant material that you have propagated.
Timetable for one day courses
Students should arrive by 9am for registration.
Classes are from 9.15 - 5pm
Lunch is included.
- Materials shared amongst the group, including the propagated material that you can take home.
What students need to bring
- Your own secateurs/garden/pruning knives.
- A plastic bag to take home specimens.
- Outdoor clothing – suitable for gardening, including wet weather gear, boots and gardening gloves.
- Pens/pencils and paper for note-taking (pencils work best in damp conditions).
- Please prepare a wish list of plants that you would like to learn how to propagate.
Please note: Registration takes place at the College 8.50–9.05 am.The course will be held in the Sculpture Courtyard and the Old Dairy, about a 10 minute walk from the main College building. We return to the main College for lunch.