After an interesting start to March (with snow!) and a damper than we would like Easter, we can finally enjoy some milder temperatures and spring colours in West Dean Gardens. As pretty as it is to see a dusting of snow covering the Gardens, it's much nicer to see the daffodils springing back to life on warm spring walks.
...And what better way to enjoy the Gardens than with more visits? The Spring Pass is back! For just £18 (£19.80 Gift Aid) you can visit as many times as you like between 1 March - 31 May (T&Cs apply). Passes are available online or from the Gardens Shop, so to make the most of it we recommend getting it ASAP!
For the keen gardeners amongst you we have a series of gardening talks and lectures coming up in 2018 that might be of interest. Keep up to date with all events here.
Don't forget to sign up for our enewsletters (approximately monthly) to get the latest information and event news from West Dean Gardens.
"A soggy December saw 2017 rainfall almost catch up to our 30-year average of nearly 41 inches, which ensured that the River Lavant started flowing in the Gardens right at the end of 2017. Story goes that the flow might be aided by January's wolf moon - who knows? But it's a joy to see it running once again." Read Gardens Supervisor, Sarah Wain's latest blog, to find out what to look out for on your next visit to West Dean Gardens.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Arts and Craft Festival. See live demonstrations, buy quality arts and craft, explore inside West Dean House, enjoy hands-on workshops and drop-in hands-on Craft Hut Trail round the Gardens. Read more
During your visit to West Dean make sure you stop by the 'mushroom shed' to see the wonderful photo exhibition in the Kitchen Garden of before and after pictures. Created as part of our 25 years of glorious gardening celebrations in 2016 the exhibition includes images of the gardens in the early 1990s when our head gardeners Jim Buckland and Sarah Wain first started working at West Dean. It gives a fantastic insight in to the work involved and the transformation is astounding! Entry to the exhibition is all included in the Gardens entry price.
Available to purchase online now or from the Gardens shop soon. Entitles the adult named on the card to unlimited entry to West Dean Gardens during normal opening hours.
• Spring Pass is valid 1 March - 31 May 2018.
• Pass must be shown upon entry on each visit.
• Pass holders may be required to provide proof of ID.
• The Gardens Spring Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable (including full and partial refunds and against Friend memberships).
• If you have already paid today's entry we cannot refund it against the cost of the Spring Pass.
• We reserve the right to refuse admission if the pass is or appears to be forged, damaged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
• Expired cards will not be accepted.
• By purchasing the Spring Pass you agree to receive West Dean Gardens enewsletters (approx. monthly), you can unsubscribe at any time.