Press Release: Easter trails for children at West Dean Gardens
Children can take part in a traditional Easter trail around the award-winning West Dean Gardens, where they will be rewarded with a small handmade chocolate treat courtesy of award-winning chocolatiers Montezuma's. Celebrate Easter and bring family and friends to explore the gardens as they burst into life this spring. Relax and enjoy the beauty of the gardens and admire the displays of vibrant spring flowering bulbs. See the newborn lambs by the River Lavant and take a bracing walk through the arboretum, Spring Gardens and the peaceful parkland.
Make time to wander through the 300 foot long Edwardian pergola, visit the restored Victorian glasshouses, Walled Kitchen Garden, the orchards as they come into bloom and take a peek at the award-winning Sunken Garden. Try out the new Lunch Menu in the Gardens Restaurant, which has been awarded a Visit England 'Quality Café 2014' Award, or complete your day with a luxurious Afternoon Tea. Browse the Gardens Shop for fabulous cards, unusual gifts, gardening accessories and plants.
Easter trails run throughout the day from 1 - 6 April, 10.30am - 5.00pm, last entry 4.00pm. Normal Adult garden's entry applies. Children get into the gardens FREE (there is a small additional charge of £1 per child for the Easter Egg Trail, including a small, handmade chocolate Easter bunny). Dogs on leads welcome.
Traditional Cream Tea for one or two (£5/£9.50).
West Dean luxurious Afternoon Tea £12.50.
A selection of delicious homemade cakes.
2015 Garden Events:
Gardens Open Day - 15 March (Mothering Sunday)
Easter Egg Trails 1 - 6 April
West Dean House Opening, 9 - 10 May
West Dean Design & Craft Fair, featuring MADE, 19 -21 June
20th Anniversary Chilli Fiesta, 7 - 9 August
Apple Affair 3 - 4 October
Half term week Halloween Activities, 26 - 31 October
Free parking. Free admission to Shop and Restaurant. Dogs on short leads welcome.
Notes to editors
- West Dean Gardens are part of the Edward James Foundation, a charitable trust, also comprising West Dean College, West Dean Estate and the West Dean Tapestry Studio. Charity No. 1126084.
- Montezuma's www.montezumas.co.uk.
- The Gardens are open from 1 February - 20 December with special event days throughout the year. See www.westdean.org.uk for more information on events.
- The College runs over 700 short courses in arts, crafts, gardening, creative writing and music each year as well as postgraduate programmes in visual arts, conservation and making and creative writing. For more information visit www.westdean.org.uk.
- All photography is free to use for editorial purposes.
- Any journalist interested in visiting the Gardens, attending a course or an event for news or review purposes should contact the Media Relations Team.
- West Dean College and Gardens are situated on the A286, six miles north of Chichester and within easy access of Portsmouth, Guildford, Brighton and London.