Press Release: MA Collections Care and Conservation Management at West Dean College
A new two-year part time MA programme for 2015 has been announced by West Dean College which has an international reputation for delivering the high level practical conservation skills in demand by the sector. The Collections Care and Conservation Management Masters Degree* is one of the few conservation programme in the UK aimed at practising conservators and curators who have collections care responsibilities or intend to develop their career into management and policy within the arts and heritage sectors. The new MA is also suitable for graduates from conservation or other related disciplines looking to build their qualifications for entry into the museum or heritage sector.
The programme offers a flexible study path to achieve an MA at a pace to complement students' work in the sector through a series of taught units and case studies delivered at the College in short residential blocks, supported by off- site research assignments and a dissertation.
West Dean College is internationally renowned for its teaching in the School of Conservation with specialisms in Books, Ceramics, Clocks, Furniture and Metalwork. Graduates have gone on to work at heritage organisations including Victoria and Albert Museum, National Maritime Museum and the British Museum. The College also collaborates on a programme of training with the British Library to deliver a portfolio of short courses into aspects of preservation and collection care for libraries, based on that developed by the National Preservation Office and Preservation Advisory Centre for professionals, conservation students and others interested in furthering their skills in this area.
This is a new programme. Students wanting to register interest and be kept informed of details as they become finalised should contact Heidi Divis, Admissions Officer, email email@example.com
College Open Day
To see the conservation workshops in action and to find out more about all the conservation programmes book your place at the West Dean College Student Open Day on Saturday 7 February (10 am to 2pm). Telephone +44 (0)1243 818291 or email your full name and address, with a contact telephone number and the programme you are interested in applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the full time flipbook prospectus please visit www.westdean.org.uk
Notes to editors
- West Dean College is part of The Edward James Foundation, an educational charitable trust established in 1964, also comprising West Dean Gardens, West Dean Estate and the West Dean Tapestry Studio. Charity No. 1126084.
- *Subject to validation.
- The College recently announced a new Visual Arts Scholarship, Tapestry and Textile Art for 2015/16. For more details visit www.westdean.org.uk.
- All photography is free to use for editorial purposes.
- Any journalist interested in attending a short course or event for news or review purposes, high res images or information on filming should contact the Media Relations Team.
- West Dean College is situated on the A286, six miles north of Chichester and six miles south of Midhurst.