A unique venue
West Dean House, home to West Dean College of Arts and Conservation, offers you a unique and creative venue to host a variety of events, from conferences or business meetings to private dinners or a wedding reception.
This 19th century flint mansion, near Chichester in West Sussex, boasts an intriguing artistic heritage alongside rolling views of the South Downs and St Roche's Arboretum. The award-winning gardens also provide a stunning backdrop to your event, complemented by the friendly and professional staff and tempting catering on offer.
We are now taking bookings for 2021
West Dean College opens its doors to all our guests and visitors to a venue that is safe, inspiring and welcoming. We are operating on a principal of the same as or better than national guidelines. This ensures that the College is Covid secure. The principal of the one metre plus rule is our benchmark, and where that cannot be maintained we aim to have adequate and practicable measures in place.
To ensure you event is a safe and successful we will:
- Welcome and assist you from a safe distance
- Monitor temperatures
- Provide a stringent cleaning regime in public areas
- Have staff patrolling the site to monitor visitor safety
- Put one-way systems in place or close areas where social distancing would be difficult
- Operate cashless payments on site
- Be asking our staff to wear face coverings in communal and retail areas
- Reduced event capacity
To keep yourselves safe and well please:
- Keep one metre plus away from staff and other visitors
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after using the facilities and before entering workshops
- Follow any guidance signage in place
- Use the sanitiser stations provided
- Please consider wearing a face covering in communal areas and when social distancing cannot be maintained
Should you have any questions about your event, please contact our Events team on 01243 818258 who will be happy to help.
Read our full coronavirus update