Lecturer MFA Fine Art, DACC
Rebecca is an artist, writer and curator who has been exhibiting internationally since graduating from the Royal Academy Schools in 2007. Recent/forthcoming solo exhibitions include ‘in the Meantime’ at CCA Andratx (Spain),‘ Notations’ at Kunstverein Springhornhof (Germany) and 'Painting Fast: Painting Slow’ at Konstkraft Llusne (Sweden), as well as recent group exhibitions at Parafin, London, The Djanogly Gallery, Nottingham, Stern Wyviol, Hamburg and Newlyn Art Gallery, U.K. She has been awarded residencies from The Terra Foundation for American Art, The Josef and Anni Albers Foundation, The Banff Centre, CCA Andratx and The Nordic Artists Centre. She has been a lecturer at West Dean since 2012, as well as a visiting lecturer on several Fine Art courses, most recently; Brighton University, Nottingham Trent and the University of Teeside. She holds a Pgcert in Academic Practice and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Include; contemporary painting, cross-disciplinarity, art criticism, Metamodernism, landscape, land art, contemporary Romanticism, environment, sound, synaesthesia.
- 'In Pursuit of Elusive Horizons', Parafin, London 2018
- 'Scaling The Sublime', The Djanogly Gallery, Nottingham University, U.K with Nicholas Alfrey (Catalogue) 2018
- 'Verstand und Gefühl: Landschaft und der Zeitgenössische Romantik', Kunstverien Springhornhof, Germany with Randi Nygård and Bettina Dziembowski (Catalogue) 2013
- 'Reason and Emotion: Landscape and the Contemporary Romantic', Baroniet Rosendal, Norway with Randi Nygård (Catalogue) 2012
Published texts (print)
- 'Charlene von Heyl, ‘Snake Eyes’ at Deichtorhallen, Hamburg', exhibition review for The Journal of Contemporary Painting 5.2, 2019
- 'Betwixt and Between', catalogue essay for exhibition, Arthouse 1, London 2019
- 'An Existential Realisation: On The Work of Richard T Walker', feature for Sculptorvox Vol.2, 2018
- 'Critical Subjectivity and the Metamodern Sublime', catalogue essay for exhibition ‘Scaling The Sublime’, Djanogly Gallery Nottingham, 2018
- 'Riffing on Mathematics, On The work of Timo Nasseri', catalogue essay for exhibition, ‘I Saw A Broken Labyrinth’, Anbar Gallery, Tehran, 2017
- 'Caiohme Kilfeather': feature interview for Sculptorvox Vol.1, 2017
- Peer review for The Journal of Aesthetic Research, 2016
- 'Reason and Emotion: Landscape and the Contemporary Romantic', Introductory catalogue essay, exhibition co-curated with Bettina Dziembowski and Randi Nygård, 2013
- 'Time Being: Being Time', catalogue essay, The Neuro-Bureau, Max Planck Institute, Germany 2012
Regular articles for several international online art journals including Berlin Art Link (Germany), Hyperallergic (USA) and This is Tomorrow (UK).