Discover the creative image editing power and image management of Adobe Lightroom. Beginning with the differences of file types, you will follow the workflow of Lightroom, from importing photographs to detailed manipulation, enhancement and output.
This course aims to introduce you to the creative image editing power and image management of Adobe Lightroom functions and sub-modules, and to enable confident and capable interpretation of the photograph in respect of exposure, colour, clarity and image finishing.
The structure of the weekend will be the workflow of Lightroom itself, beginning with importing files (with an understanding of storage, key-wording and labelling), moving on to detailed manipulation, enhancement and output, how to export photographs to slide shows, Adobe Photoshop or make ready for printing.
The differences between file types is explained before importing some photographs captured during an excursion into West Dean Gardens.
The course covers:
• An introduction to the raw file, and processing options within Lightroom
• Contextualising Lightroom within the Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, The Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw)
• An introduction to the Lightroom interface, work area and panels
• Workflow techniques: importing files and using import presets
• Overview of the Library module
• Image management: keywording, rating and accessing meta data
• Compare and survey mode
• Understanding and managing the histogram to recover highlights and shadow detail
• Introduction to the develop module (white balance, vibrance and saturation)
• Local adjustments (cropping, spot removal, red eye removal)
• Copy and pasting adjustments to multiple files
• Convert images to black and white
• Finishing files by reducing noise and sharpening
• Applying lens corrections and reducing chromatic aberration
• Introduction to the print module and picture package
• Export to Photoshop
Arrival Day - this is the first date listed above
Courses start early evening. Residential students to arrive from 4pm, non-residential students to arrive by 6.45pm.
6.45pm: Welcome, followed by dinner (included).
8 - 9pm: First teaching session, attendance is essential.
Classes 9.15 - 5pm, lunch is included.
From 6.30pm: Dinner (included for residential students).
Evening working - students may have access to workshops, but only with their tutor's permission and provided any health and safety guidelines are observed.
Classes 9.15am - 3pm, lunch is included.
Residential students are to vacate their rooms by 10am please.
(This timetable is for courses of more than one day in length. The tutor may make slight variations)
Beytan began his career as a studio portrait photographer in 1990. Throughout his career he has produced images for companies in fashion, hair and beauty, theatre production and performing arts and has been published internationally. More recent projects within education, leisure and product industries, have allowed Beytan to show his creativity and flare. In 2009-2012 he gained a MFA Masters of Fine Art Photography Degree at University of Creative Arts, Farnham. After more than 20 years, his enthusiasm, passion and dedication for photography, is still as fresh as the day he was given his first camera.