Discover the essentials of how to transform the finish of up to three pieces of furniture, as well as learning in-depth technical skills in the application of contemporary paint techniques, furniture redesigning and woodcare.
You may work on two to three pieces (dependant on size) of furniture allowing you to go through the full process within four working days.
The course covers the following -
Health and Safety
Contemporary wood finishes
- Tools and personal set up list
- Eco-friendly stripping techniques
- Sanding techniques
- Staining and grain fillers
Contemporary paint finishing
- Concept mock up on paper – including colours, design, and materials needed
- Materials discussion
- Sanding stripping and eco-friendly stripping techniques – key techniques
- Stain blocking, priming, knotting and undercoating
- Painting, paint conditioners, rolling and cutting back techniques
- Paint varnish techniques
Hardware discussion (if required, you will need to bring hardware with you)
A discussion on start up business advice, staging and photography of finished items
Arrival Day - this is the first date listed above
Courses start early evening. Residential students to arrive from 4pm, non-residential students to arrive by 6.45pm.
6.45pm: Welcome, followed by dinner (included).
8 - 9pm: First teaching session, attendance is essential.
Classes 9.15 - 5pm, lunch is included.
From 6.30pm: Dinner (included for residential students).
Evening working - students may have access to workshops, but only with their tutor's permission and provided any health and safety guidelines are observed.
Classes 9.15am - 3pm, lunch is included.
Residential students are to vacate their rooms by 10am please.
(This timetable is for courses of more than one day in length. The tutor may make slight variations)