G is for George, Ernest
Ernest George (1839 to 1922) was an English architect, landscape and architectural watercolour painter, and etcher.
West Dean Estate was originally the site of a three-gabled Jacobean E-Shaped building and the manor house was remodelled in 1805 - 1908 by James Wyatt.
English landowner, William James, purchased West Dean Estate in 1891. A further transformation took place in 1891 - 1893 under the architects Ernest George and Harold Peto, who three years later were responsible for building the new Claridges Hotel in London.