West Dean Gardens£7.50
Bring family and friends to West Dean Gardens near Chichester during the Easter holidays to get creative with a variety of crafts and to follow one of the Easter themed trails to receive a chocolate prize (allergen free options will also be available).
Choose from two Easter trails, one tailored for under 5s and one for 6-9 year olds, and all ages will enjoy the Easter-themed interactive games you’ll come across, including flower pot bean bag toss, egg and spoon race and giant noughts and crosses.
Try your hand at a selection of arts and crafts activities taking place along the trail, in the Walled Garden, and on the North Lawn/Picnic Lawn.
• Make your own colourful hand-felted egg decoration to hang up at home
• Create a yarn wrapped egg decoration from recycled materials
• Turn a recycled egg carton into a daffodil
• Make a pattered egg decoration using coloured card and felt tips
• Paint a section of our giant Easter mural
• Have a go at Easter egg colouring on outdoor easels on the picnic lawn
• Solve an Easter word search
Explore the Gardens bursting with displays of over 500,000 spring bulbs and visit the Gardens Restaurant (breakfasts available from 9am at weekends and Bank Holidays), Gardeners Cottage and the Picnic Lawn for Easter themed food and refreshments.
Our Easter Vintage Tea tent will be open for the weekend, between 10.00-16.00, for cream teas and a variety of home-made cakes and tray bakes, as well as hot and cold beverages.
Child ticket £7.50
Adult ticket £10 (normal garden entry)
Children under 16 enjoy free Gardens entry but will need an Easter ticket to participate in the activities. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Dogs on leads are welcome and there is free parking in the Gardens car park.