Press Release: Mother’s Day West Dean Gardens, free entry for mums and children
West Dean Gardens is the perfect destination for an enjoyable family day out on Mother's Day (Sunday 26 March) to admire the show-stopping displays of over 500,000 naturalised spring bulbs. For this special day only the gardens are offering mothers FREE entry and a complimentary bunch of daffodils. Children go FREE all year round. Bring the whole family, including the dog, for a leisurely stroll through the emerging daffodils, crocuses and cowslips throughout the grounds and wild flower meadows. Explore the award-winning Sunken Garden at the eastern end of the Edwardian pergola and admire the fruit trees coming into blossom amid a carpet of primroses in the Walled Garden.
The Victorian glasshouses will be showing new growth on the peach, nectarines and vines and in the Kitchen Garden see the first protected plantings under cloches and the new plantings in the vegetable frames.
Explore the peaceful arboretum with its fine collection of trees and abundant spring displays of rhododendrons and azaleas and enjoy the breathtaking views of the South Downs and West Dean College. Afterwards browse the unique gifts and greetings cards in the Visit England-endorsed Gardens Shop and enjoy a delicious cream tea in the Gardens Restaurant.
West Dean is offering a special Hello Spring! gardens pass for a limited period to encourage everyone to enjoy the Great Outdoors. The pass is available to purchase at £17 (Adult) from 1 March and is valid until 31 May. Visit just twice and the pass will pay for itself. Children's gardens entry is free all year round (accompanied by an adult and excludes special events).
Mother's Day gifts
- Spring Pass - unlimited gardens entry for your mum during spring.
- Treat your mum to a One Day taster course at West Dean College (priced from £113) from calligraphy to creative writing and photography to pottery.
- The college also offers gift vouchers for £10, £25, £50 or £100, which can be used as full or part payment towards a short course. Email bookings firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Dean Gardens is an oasis of peace and beauty; inspiring and tranquil. If your mum shares a passion for gardens treat her to a Gardens Friends membership for a gift to last all-year round. www.westdean.org.uk/friends.
For more information or to browse the latest short courses go to www.westdean.org.uk.
Free parking. Free admission to Shop and Restaurant. Dogs on short leads welcome.
- West Dean Gardens is part of the Edward James Foundation, a charitable trust, also comprising West Dean College, West Dean Estate and the West Dean Tapestry Studio. Charity No. 1126084.
- West Dean Arts and Crafts Festival 2017 will include the Annual West Dean House Opening (2 - 4 June). For more information on events at West Dean visit www.westdeanorg.uk
- All photography is free to use for editorial purposes.