Press Release: Calling all makers to West Dean Design and Craft Fair, featuring MADE 2016
The successful West Dean Design and Craft Fair will be returning for its third year over three days from 3 - 5 June 2016. Exhibitor registration will be open at the beginning of December and the College is calling for printmakers, designers and makers to show and sell their work. There will be additional hands-on taster workshops and free demonstrations in contemporary art and craft run by the College. Last year over 5,000 people enjoyed the event which takes place in the grounds and workshops of West Dean, organised by the College in collaboration with the team behind the highly successful MADE London, MADE Brighton and the Brighton Art Fair. New for this year is a dedicated print section exhibiting and selling original prints.
"The Design and Craft Fair has proved hugely successful with an amazing array of original crafts to admire and buy on the stands," commented Alison Baxter, Head of Creative Enterprise at the College. "To whet visitors' appetite we are increasing the number of highly popular, professional workshops for 2016, from basketweaving to making a silver ring or a colourful print, and many more."
The internationally renowned College has a worldwide reputation for teaching in traditional and contemporary art and craft, and offers around 700 short courses each year ranging from Taster Days to week long Summer Schools.
Exhibitor registration will be open from 1st December. Makers and artists interested in getting involved can register their interest online here.
Tickets for Design and Craft Fair will go on sale early next year at www.westdean.org.uk.
Notes to editors
- West Dean College is part of The Edward James Foundation also comprising West Dean Gardens, West Dean Estate and the West Dean Tapestry Studio. Charity No. 1126084.
- The College runs over 700 short courses in arts, crafts, gardening and music each year as well as postgraduate programmes in Conservation and the Creative Arts. For more information visit www.westdean.org.uk.
- MADE London and MADE Brighton are two well established highest quality craft and design fairs which run annually. The organisers of MADE will be curating the marketplace at the Design and Craft Fair at West Dean College. www.madelondon.org
- All photography is free to use for editorial purposes.
- Any journalist interested in attending a short course or an event for news or review purposes should contact the Media Relations Team.
- West Dean College and Gardens are situated on the A286, six miles north of Chichester and within easy access of Portsmouth, Guildford, Brighton and London.